Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Green Kit’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is – Green Kit, 15 Clarence Road, London, Greater London, NW6 7TG. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Green Kit’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
We take your privacy and protection of the data you share with us very seriously, so the policy that follows has been updated to be compliant with the GDPR which comes into force on May 25th 2018.
- Who We are
Greenkit Ltd is an environmentally friendly film lighting company trading at Unit 16, Cygnus Business Centre, Dalmeyer Road, London NW10 2XA. We are a limited company registered in England under company number 7188033 with our registered office at 15 Clarence Road, London, NW6 7TG. Our VAT number is 159480185. We are the owner and operator of the website www.greenkit.london. We are a member of the Federation of Small Business.
- What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the data we may hold on you as a visitor to our website or as a new customer. Please see paragraph 8 for more information about the data we collect from new customers.
The online part of this policy applies only to your use of our site. Our site may contain links to other websites and we have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by any other websites. You might want to check their privacy policies before supplying any data to them.
- Why do we collect data?
We collect the minimum amount of data that we need to answer your questions about our goods and services or that forms part of our contract with you as a Greenkit customer. We also need to collect some data about new customers as a condition of our insurance policy. Again, please see below for details on this.
We also collect statistics about visitors to our site in order to inform our improvement of the site and your experience there. These statistics are anonymised and do not contain any data which can be used to identify you.
We may also hold data that you choose to share with us if you subscribe to our newsletter/blog and use this to keep you informed about our products or services. You can withdraw your permission to share this data with us by using the unsubscribe button in every email or by emailing us email@example.com.
- What data do we collect?
Depending on your use of our site we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data from you.
- Job Title
- Company Name
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Web browser type and version
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on your site and the site you exit to
- Photo ID – (new customers only, see paragraph 8)
- Credit card details (new customer only, see paragraph 8)
- How do we use this data?
The data you share with us is processed and stored securely for no longer than is necessary in light of the reasons for which it was first collected. For more details on how we store this data see paragraph 6.
As summarised above we collect data on the following basis:
- Supplying our products as services to you as part of our contract with you as a Greenkit customer
- Answering your queries and providing you with information you need about our products and services as part of your decision to become a Greenkit customer
- Supplying you with marketing information that you have asked us for
- Analysing your use of our site to enable us continually to improve our site and your user experience
- How we keep your data safe
We take the safety of your data very seriously and only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil our contractual relationship with you as a customer or as long as you give us permission to hold it for marketing purposes.
We will only hold data on active customers, so we will securely archive our data on our Current Rental Management system when you have not done business with us for 18 months. When it is no longer needed for accounting purposes this data will be securely deleted.
We have moved our site onto a secure server so that any contact or sign up forms you complete on the site will keep any data you enter securely encrypted.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include order management, payment processing, delivery of goods, and marketing. All of these third parties have built-in data protection systems which they have undertaken to make GDPR compliant. Click the links below for more information on these companies and their data protection policies.
- Order Management – Current
- Payment Processing – Xero, Worldpay
- Delivery of goods – Addison Lee, Mission Despatch
- Marketing – Mailchimp
- New customers
It is a condition of our insurance policy that the first time you hire from us we need to collect additional data from you. This may include:
- A copy of your photo ID eg. driving licence or passport
- Credit card information in the form of card terminal receipts
We acknowledge that this data is sensitive and take careful steps to protect it during the period of hire. Once the kit has been safely returned to us at the end of the hire period this data will be shredded.
- How can you control your data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us. Under the GDPR no fee is payable and we will comply with your request within 5 working days. Please put your request in writing to us at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can unsubscribe from any marketing emails you have opted into by clicking the unsubscribe button or by emailing your request to email@example.com.
You can also ask us to delete any data we hold on you as a Greenkit customer, but please be aware that this may affect our ability to fulfil our contractual obligations with you as a supplier.
- Still have a question? Get in touch
May 15th 2018
The Stella Pro 5000 is great when you need powerful light in a tight space.
the True Color HS… lets me lights in ways I’ve not been able to before
the students found it more than interesting, you have provoked a lot of thought with your very green illuminations
an invaluable addition to our mobile, low energy shooting kit
This light was very versatile giving us a punchy source in a small space.